Applications are open for Polygon Bootcamp Africa, launched in partnership with Xend Finance! The eight-week intensive educational course and hackathon combo will put developers in Africa on the Web3 map.
This is Polygon’s biggest step in providing resources to developers, builders, and creators in Africa, and it comes during an important time.
An internet and blockchain revolution is underway across the continent. Africa has seen a 50-fold increase in internet users since 2000, with 75% of people estimated to be online by 2030. Mobile technology itself has already created 1.7 million jobs and spurred $144 billion in economic value across the continent.
Our partnership with Nigerian startup Xend Finance, leading a Web3 revolution by making DeFi more accessible to everyone, shows the growing awareness of blockchain as a solution for real world problems. We’ve sponsored ETH Safari and the upcoming Crypto Fest, and supported communities in Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa and other African countries, because we know developers across the continent are eager to take the future into their hands.
Now is the right time to ensure high-quality education for the next generation of developers in Africa. Polygon’s best-in-class tech will help Ethereum and blockchain get a foothold on a continent with many diverse hubs of innovation, where transnational and decentralized coordination are prized.
Ready to jump into Web3? Learn more below.
Tracks and important dates
Polygon Bootcamp Africa is split into two concurrent tracks:
- Beginner track: for Web3 newbies and Web2 developers looking for a change. This is your start to a different career, a new web, and capturing more of the value you create. Participants will learn all about blockchain mechanics, writing smart contracts, decentralized computing, and what it takes to launch an app.
- Mastery track: for the well-traveled Web3 builders with a few feathers in their cap. You might be moonlighting as a Web3 developer, or maybe you’ve committed your career to the new web. Participants will learn the ins and outs of Polygon’s scaling solutions.
- Sep. 26: 🥳 Applications open
- Oct. 7: 😴 Applications close
- Oct. 10: 📚Learning phase begins
- Nov. 18: 📚Learning phase ends
- Nov. 21: ⭐Hackathon begins
- Dec. 2: 🎆Hackathon ends
- Dec. 5: 🧑⚖️ Judging begins
- Dec. 19: 🏆 Hackathon winners livestream
The top three Beginner projects will be considered for bounties of $5,000, $3,000, and $2,000, respectively, while Mastery projects will compete for bounties of $10,000, $7,000, and $5,000. The top Mastery submissions will also be funneled into Polygon’s Accelerator program, to ensure more mentorship and funding.
In addition to ~swag~ for ALL participants, another 10 runner-up Beginner projects, and 30 runner-ups in Mastery, will receive $500 and $750, respectively.
Want to get started? Apply now!
Can’t swing the Bootcamp, but interested in learning more about Polygon?
A network of Polygon Guilds has popped up all over the continent, with communities in Nigeria, South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania. Guilds are a great way to get to know other Web3 and blockchain developers, builders, and enthusiasts.
Let’s bring the world to Ethereum!